Monday 25 June 2012

A successful experience

Let me tell you, I'm not a professional when it comes to cooking.
When I was much younger I wanted to surprise my parents and cook something for them, but suddenly the oil went up on flames and I was home alone, so I poured water on it (which is the worst idea), but I managed to extinguish it. Since then I haven't really done anything in the kitchen. I'm afraid of fire and I just can't bring myself to light the oven and the burners.
However, I'm now 23 so I need to overcome my fear.

I have only made croissants a couple of times, and american pies twice in my life. I also tried to cook some pasta but they weren't too good, unfortunately.

BUT today I found an easy-peasy blackberry cobbler on a website. The website itself is genious. The writer takes gorgeous photos of the meals she makes and has a pretty great sense of humour!
If you like making special, unique, yet delicious and beautiful meals, I suggest you to take a look at her recipes here.

I bought raspberries instead of blackberries (Mum doesn't like blackberries). I think my cobbler looked beautiful and it was delicious as well!
She used self-rising flour, but I didn't have it so I should have added baking powder in it. I forgot to do it. Of course. Plus I added too much fruit so it became a bit juicy.
Never mind, it will be better next time!


You can find the recipe here



xo

No comments:

Post a Comment